'basa kita'

(Title means Our Language / 'Bahasa kitani') 'Bahasa Tutong' is the language for the Tutong community in Brunei. My parents were born in Tutong, but I am not as fluent as one should be. So Ive decided that whenever i get back home for summer, I have to start collecting bits and pieces from the dad, grandma, and old folks at local kopitiam; and share them here. This is dedicated for my family back home, I miss you all

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

Fulltime Dentist Part-time traveller Life's Good, Alhamdulillah~

Saturday, December 23, 2006

lundung. kepasak.

lundung (loon-dong) - malas. lazy.

i would say this word is rarely used. even among the tutong people. it is a very 'strong' word, usually for 'extreme' cases. huhu.. ie 'terlalu malas'. 'very very lazy'.

lundong jiyu ituh!
pemalas banar kau ani!


kepasak (ke-pu-suck) - memasak. cooking.

a noun. used 24/7 in the kitchen. okay, may be in 'my' kitchen. of 'my' house. huhu..

endo jiyu kepasak lema ituh?
inda kau memasak malam ani?


2 words for now, Salam.

Nakalai~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home