'basa kita'

(Title means Our Language / 'Bahasa kitani') 'Bahasa Tutong' is the language for the Tutong community in Brunei. My parents were born in Tutong, but I am not as fluent as one should be. So Ive decided that whenever i get back home for summer, I have to start collecting bits and pieces from the dad, grandma, and old folks at local kopitiam; and share them here. This is dedicated for my family back home, I miss you all

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

Fulltime Dentist Part-time traveller Life's Good, Alhamdulillah~

Sunday, January 14, 2007

random ones.

few words from the tagboard.also those used in previous posts,and they are not in the 'basics' list.
so that nobody is lost here.huhuhu..

mason (ma-sone) - malu. galat-rasa.
buyon (boo-yone) - lapar. hungry.
besor (bu-sor*) - kanyang. full. *remember the 'r'. ;)
temangis (tu-ma-ngeese) - menangis. cry(ing).
od (odd) - jua.
jawui (ja-wooi) - muka. wajah. face.

alright.atu saja dulu.

*if you guys have words you wish to be translated,just drop them @ the tagboard.thank you. (=


cheers kamu, Salam.

Nakalai~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home