'basa kita'

(Title means Our Language / 'Bahasa kitani') 'Bahasa Tutong' is the language for the Tutong community in Brunei. My parents were born in Tutong, but I am not as fluent as one should be. So Ive decided that whenever i get back home for summer, I have to start collecting bits and pieces from the dad, grandma, and old folks at local kopitiam; and share them here. This is dedicated for my family back home, I miss you all

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

Fulltime Dentist Part-time traveller Life's Good, Alhamdulillah~

Saturday, July 07, 2007

WELCOME (updated)

Original post: 22 December 2006 (/edited 23rd September 2007)

after reading BR's post on tutong language last wednesday, I felt.. as someone who is 'anak tutong' (originated from tutong) i should at least contribute something to the development of tutong language. i cant do 'formal-ly' in this lit-field but i do hope this site can be found useful by anyone (interested) to know bits on tutong language.
warning: i am not a historian nor someone who studies linguistic in uni; plus im very young (awet muda). but i will try to post bits on the history of tutong district. anything related that i would come across later on. probably those not written in books, i have sources. If i have freetime that is, i would ask my old folks;my grandmas and datuks (grandpas?). i am sure they would know more real stuffs than those ever recorder on papers or books.

Abit about me, i am one of those 'anak tutong derhaka' who doesnot speak fluent tutong and yes im quite ashamed of that. sometimes i blame my parents for being too lenient, they are both tutong-ians (originated from tutong) but they speak to me in 'brunei malay'. i found it funny at times; my parents were talking to each other in 'tutong' then switched to 'melayu brunei' whenever i joined in or just happened to be around (sometimes they 'switched' in the middle of a sentence.hehe). so yeah, dont blame me if i cant speak one complete sentence in 'tutong'. huhu..

The purpose of this blog is for you to learn something new, and for me to improve my 'tutong' language.hehe. On a serious note, i really need some feedbacks. Leave some comments and do correct me if im wrong. You old folks know better...huhu

note: most of my reference(s) will be taken from a book.Courtesy of dewan bahasa pustaka.

Thanks for dropping by.

cheers everyone, Salam.
Nakalai~

ps: I am very sorry for the lack of updates lately. Things are getting busier towards the end of the year, with finals just around the corner and at the same time, seeing my patients. >.<

Labels: ,