'basa kita'

(Title means Our Language / 'Bahasa kitani') 'Bahasa Tutong' is the language for the Tutong community in Brunei. My parents were born in Tutong, but I am not as fluent as one should be. So Ive decided that whenever i get back home for summer, I have to start collecting bits and pieces from the dad, grandma, and old folks at local kopitiam; and share them here. This is dedicated for my family back home, I miss you all

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

Fulltime Dentist Part-time traveller Life's Good, Alhamdulillah~

Thursday, January 25, 2007

a visit to the 'Taman Warisan Tasek Merimbun'

thanks to my grandma for being my (tourist)guide this afternoon..huhu

The purpose of my visit today was to get few shots of Tasek Merimbun. The scenery was simply breathtaking, as usual. Have a look on them here. or here for more shots. So yes, I dont do reviews but you can always read from either of these sites: (they are good btw. quite accurate i would say..huhu)

Sultanate - Tasek Merimbun
Asiatour.com
Brunei Travel Information
Kayaking in Tasek Merimbun (besides walking along the wooden walkways or having picnic, you can go for kayaking too!)
Dom, Becca & Ellie in Tasek Merimbun









Honestly, at the moment i dont think Tasek Merimbun is ready to be visited by anyone (esp the tourists). the wooden walkways are being removed at the moment so you cant actually go across to the 'Pulau Labi-labi' (more on this turtle-shaped island in the next post). Ahhh well... i'm guessing they are getting new planks and hopefully the walkways will be back soon, since next year will be the Visit Brunei 2008. N/theless, Tasek Merimbun is still a must-go-and-see heritage park when you come to visit Brunei/Tutong. (=

nahh enjoyy the pictures. as usual, click 'em to enlarge. and appreciate..huhu






cheers everyone, Salam.

Nakalai~

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger anakbrunei said...

Excellent post dude and pretty pics. Mind if I re-post this on VB2008 site?

11:49 PM  
Blogger N Ishak said...

my pleasure.(=

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home