'basa kita'

(Title means Our Language / 'Bahasa kitani') 'Bahasa Tutong' is the language for the Tutong community in Brunei. My parents were born in Tutong, but I am not as fluent as one should be. So Ive decided that whenever i get back home for summer, I have to start collecting bits and pieces from the dad, grandma, and old folks at local kopitiam; and share them here. This is dedicated for my family back home, I miss you all

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

Fulltime Dentist Part-time traveller Life's Good, Alhamdulillah~

Friday, January 26, 2007

kisah ayam berkokok.

managed to record them during my visit to tasek merimbun. there's a tale behind it, according to grandma. Back in the old days, they use the sound as their 'alarm' to get up in the morning; also for the dawn prayer. and amazingly, it 'was' quite accurate. For me, its a 'was' because clearly the video was taken around 2pm (morning's over babeh)...huhu so i believe the 'modern roosters' are no longer reliable as the morning alarm, or is it because the modern 'us' dont really need them..?





cheers everyone, Salam.

Nakalai~

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home